15/12/2018

'Morning Theft'


Hearing this live version for the first time...

Oh, these words!!
The words you wish you'd hear from the people you think mattered.



Jeff Buckley - 'Morning Theft'

 (Live at The Knitting Factory, New York, 1997)





Time takes care of the wound So I can believe You had so much to give You thought I couldn't see Gifts for boot heels to crush Promises deceived I had to send it away To bring us back again Your eyes and body brighten Silent waters, deep Your precious daughter in the Other room, asleep A kiss goodnight from every Stranger that I meet I had to send it away To bring us back again Morning theft Unpretender left Ungraceful True self is what Brought you here, to me A place where we can Accept this love Friendship battered down by Useless history Unexamined failure But what am I still to you Some thief who stole from you? Or, some fool drama queen Whose chances were few? That brings us to who we need A place where we can save A heart that beats as Both siphon and reservoir You're a woman, I'm a calf You're a window, I'm a knife We come together Making chance in the starlight Meet me tomorrow night Or any day you want I have no right to wonder Just how, or when You know the meaning fits There's no relief in this I miss my beautiful friend I have to send it away To bring her back again
-
"Morning Theft" as written by Jeff Buckley Lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC



No comments:

Post a Comment