15/05/2022

'Rebel Music'

 

On Saturday I was invited to speak at Bristol Transformed festival.


With the super talented and über nice Batu, e talked about 'rebel music' and Bristol, in a panel led by Bookhaus director Darran McLaughlin.



Our panel:

Rebel Music: Music and Politics in Bristol

A panel of three talking about the history of political music in Bristol, stretching from the Late 70's with the Pop Group, via the Wild Bunch and Massive Attack, to the present.

-

I insisted to show music videos, my favourite medium of all time.

To represent The Pop Group, I chose:

'She's beyond Good and Evil'


Here is the choice of Batu from his recent releases, a video directed by himself:

'Solace'







My choice was the best promo video for Bristol ever made - not intending to be of course - but I love it:

Massive Attack - 'Just a Matter Of Time'



A recoding should be available soon; I'll come back and share the link.

For more on music and politics, go to my facebook page.


Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment