13/02/2022

Protesting the dangerous Nationality and Borders Bill


Back in England, I've been reporting on too many issues to have time to post here...

But here is one: On a day of seven protests, people of Bristol met in the city centre next to Watershed / The Fountain to show their support to refugees, in the context of the feared Nationality and Borders Bill, currently on debate in Parliament.



Bristol Labour Councillor Amirah Cole said: "I'm really proud to be here. I'm proud to belong to Bristol, a city of resistance, and to be with those all over the UK who have demonstrated against this bill. The Nationality and Borders bill is said to be the most racist bill in the UK"...

 

Green Party Councillor for Cotham Mohamed Makawi also spoke at the protests, supported by Amnesty International. 

I interviewed Sarah Heath, who's representing the organisation.



More in my reportage for DW - the German International Radio network - in French here:


No comments:

Post a Comment