14/08/2024

Ireland snapshots

 

I had been willing to spend time in Ireland for quite a while...

The goal was to be with friends, in nature, and to do a mini digital detox.

I brought a couple of books (from Irish women novelists) and some impressive local tea too...

I still use my (super old) iPhone for time, and could not help but taking a few (underwhelming) photos...


Dublin's Modern Art Museum, IMMA:



And its garden:



We saw a few shows, including Take a Breath, a "major new exhibition that provides an historical, social, political, and personal examination of breathing – why we breathe, how we breathe and what we breathe – exploring themes of decolonisation, environmental racism, indigenous language, the Impact of war on the environment and breath as meditation."

Here, a photo by Pamela Singh, which was also on show at Arnolfini when I joined them as a writer in residence, in October 2019, for the Still I Rise exhibition: 



Then we walked all over south Connemara, in different parts of the region, under various dramatic lights:














We also visited Galway and its Art Centre: 








I love summer and was lucky to enjoy some very sunny days:




What peaceful landscapes...







-


Thank you Ireland!

Thanks Mica!!


No comments:

Post a Comment