04/02/2019

More "Roads"


The world is so vast... What to do when you reach a blockade, a dead end...? Just keep on moving! The world is vast, there will always be another place for a good soul.

I've been "on the road" now since 2006. Started my first blog in 2008, in French, from Miami. It was a peculiar adventure. Barack Obama did win the election I was covering but so many others lost a lot more, and see what the US look like now.

Then from 2010 came Africa, Kenya East Africa, and that experience changed me deeply and my life. In between all these moves was always England where I am again now. My heart is still here but my head is ready for more.

I had to cancel my plans to go to Ivory Coast this month of February, too busy, but I'll still go to Paris for a few days, still have an eye on Brussels - for a film projet with my oldest friend.

"On the road"... An open heart always holds space for new places, new loves.
I will have to go back to Bristol and to close that chapter now.

So, next project. I'm going to be in Greece in August for a lot of reasons, including a Documentary Film Festival - Beyond Borders.

I've also applied to many new jobs - one I hope will take me back to Africa and maybe, if I'm lucky, to Lebanon. Always wanted to go to Beirut, I feel a great connection with the place and most people here often think I'm Lebanese.

In the meantime, there will be a great deal of room for new space... New places.

When I went to India and Mexico in 2012, they were totally improvised trips to nourish my soul, not to complete my duty as a journalist.

Then I miss the music... Roads are great to merge with music!

Since I've been a teenager, my dream has been to follow a band on the road. To write while they were playing music. I think R.E.M. inspired that dream. Then, briefly, Jeff Buckley.

I could still do it. Just need to find a band or an artist who likes people as much as I do, who likes documentary work, and won't spend time concentrating on the usual "booze & fans", feeding the ego. There is so much more sounds, words, music and images can do, can mean.
Then maybe go back to my roots. The sounds of real life, of cities, of people, these are what needs to be heard at the moment. Let music help us dream!

We'll see.

Maybe we'll meet somewhere, on the road.


Current soundtrack: 


THYLACINE - 'Purmamarca' (Official Video)




Thylacine built himself a music studio on wheels and solar powered, to compose his next album on Argentinians roads. 
Listen the album on every platform: https://IDOL.lnk.to/ROADS-Vol1 Follow the journey: https://www.instagram.com/thylacine_m... Subscribe to the Channel: http://bit.ly/Subscribe_Thylacine Voice by José Larralde Lyrics by Milton Aguilar Video directed by Thylacine Shot by Morgan Prêleur, Thylacine & Jonatan Magario with Marcos Salatin. Editor : Zoé Sassier Colorist : Thibaut Petillon Post production : Everest
-


ROADS vol.1, my next album is out now ! 



THYLACINE - The Road (Official Video)





-


Qu’importe si le thylacine, sorte de mammifère au pelage tigré, vient de Tasmanie, c’est en Argentine que le jeune prodige de la scène électro française a décidé d’enregistrer son deuxième album. Pour donner suite à « Transsiberian », son premier essai composé en 2015 à bord du train qui relie Moscou à Vladivostock, Thylacine s’est offert une caravane datée de 1972, la fameuse Airstream tout en aluminium et l’a lui-même, magnifiquement transformée en studio d’enregistrement. Il embarque ensuite sa belle américaine sur un cargo pour la récupérer un mois plus tard à Buenos Aires. Direction la Cordillère des Andes. C’est l’attrait de l’inconnu et l’absence absolue de repère qui donnent envie à Thylacine de s’évader en Amérique du Sud pour enrichir son electronica, et conjuguer à merveille les mélodies aériennes de Moderat, la touche solaire d’un Nicola Cruz, et la puissance techno d’un Paul Kalkbrenner.



No comments:

Post a Comment