29/05/2019

Reporting on refugee rights


Hello everyone,

I don't write here very much at the moment... Because I'm working quite much, and asking myself a lot of questions about journalism, and also writing other types of pieces, for myself...

But I've been a journalist for 15 years now and nothing defines me more, even if I'm very aware that we're not defined by anything as superficial as a job, a title, a career. It's a process.

Anyway... Some news about what's coming:

I'm reporting on refugee rights in the UK, one of the topic the dearest to my heart, and I'm about to meet with refugees/asylum seekers, to prepare a series of articles/radio pieces ahead of World refugee day later in June.



Photos I took in Dadaab, Kenya, at the border of Somalia, 
one of the largest refugee camps in the world



I'm coming to Bristol to meet some charities, support groups, and people in general. 
And I will meet other people in London too the following week.



Get in touch if you have a story to share!
melissa.chemam01@bbc.co.uk

Thank you.

With gratitude,
melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment