23/09/2019

You have stolen (our) dreams and (our) childhood


Turning point!!

These words almost made me cry.

Most of my life, I've know this economic system was wrong for us, for life, for the planet, and I've been mostly met with rejection and people commenting on how much of a left-winger idealist I was.

All these years, unheard.

Luckily, this child is young enough, white enough, middle-class enough, wealthy enough to have stopped her life and get heard.

And thought I deeply regret that no world leader has listen to activists or scientists or powerful journalist like Naomi Klein I'm grateful for Greta.

-

More on this soon... Such an important day. Hopefully, change is gonna come!

Greta Thunberg to world leaders: 
'How dare you? You have stolen my dreams and my childhood' 




'You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words,' climate activist Greta Thunberg has told world leaders at the 2019 UN climate action summit in New York.

In an emotionally charged speech, she accused them of ignoring the science behind the climate crisis, saying: 'We are in the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about it money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth - how dare you?'

UN secretary general hails 'turning point' in climate crisis fight.





No comments:

Post a Comment