06/04/2012

Remembering Liberia, in pictures

I am a terrible photographer. I just like images a lot, I have a deep passion for photography but I dare, every time I travel, taking those straightforward snapshots just as a reminder. Of people and places.

Here is a collection of pictures from Liberia, my most recent trip.

I apologise in advance to real photographers...

--

Monrovia, the Chinese Hotel...

We were lodged in a hotel next to the Tv station that showed us right away the Chinese influence in Monrovia.




LBS, Liberia Broadcasting System, coming to a new life






Liberia has not been able to broadcast its own TV news programmes since 1990...


But a new team is ready and is working to make it happen this year.



A reporting trip to Buchanan


The reporters filmed a lot of feature stories in Monrovia and also decided to report out of the capital, in the main port city, Buchanan, where fishing activities are slowed down by sand erosion and a rising sea level.

Fishermen













Trying to build a television news programme






I was part of the training team sent from France to prepare LBS's new TV news bulletin, LNTV News.



It was an amazingly lovely and hard-working team. I wish them all the best for their coming work.

M.

--

PS. I am currently writing an article about Liberia's economic future. Stay posted if interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment