22/09/2012

Cronicas Mexicanas - Thinking about Mexico, in pictures


Mexico, what a wonderful country you are. I am back in Europe and daydreaming about our trip. It feels like it was not real... Luckily, I have pieces of evidence I was actually there indeed.


Ciudad de Mexico, you captured my heart from the first day. I thought of Madrid, I had reminiscence of Rome, but you were beyond this familiarity, with your exotism and singularity.

 Palacio de Bellas Artes

Sorry Kenya and India, until now, you were reigning on my travel kingdom like princes, but really, have you ever been to a country for only ten days and been from wonders to wonders, great experiences to greater, met only adorable and interesting people, been welcomed like an awaited guest and praised to come again like no one seemed to have meant those words before? 

 El Zocalo de Mexico!
 
Mexico is beautiful, full of warmth and colours, lovable and generous. Its people is nothing but welcoming and straightforward, happy to meet visitors, fond of French people especially... Maybe because we have tastes in common? Good food, coffee, dancing, culture and the cult of independence.


 Coyoacan, coffee time

I am a terrible photographer but I just hope my pictures show how much I received there, how much I loved it and why.


 En el Museo de Arte Popular, Ciudad de Mexico


 La Casa Azul de l'artista Frida Kahlo en Coyoacan, Ciudad de Mexico

Distrito Federal, I miss you! 

--
 
More to come. Next: Teotihuacan, Oaxaca, Monte Alban.

No comments:

Post a Comment