10/06/2019

On the road again soon... Next talks



Dear friends, readers, fellow journalists, music lovers, 

I'm about to go around and wander on roads again with the summer...
And I wanted to share a few of my events and travels with you.
In case we could cross path!


Next talks:

I'm invited to talk about music and writing in the South West of England and will be in:

-Bristol, on 4 July 2019, in Richmond Buildings, near the Triangle, from 7pm
for the next LifeTrack Event:



-Exeter, on 18 July 2019
With Literature Works

Out of the Comfort Zone - Melissa Chemam in conversation with Patrick Cunningham

 Exeter Custom House, Exeter, EX2 4AN
 Thu 18th July 2019




Melissa Chemam’s book Out of the Comfort Zone follows the journey of the bands from Bristol, from the Pop Group to Massive Attack, Tricky, Portishead, and later on Idles, into art and music. It retraces how the history of their city, Bristol, shaped their unique sound and multicultural innovations. It then studies how the emergency of the bands helped Bristol’s entire underground scene to emerge.  

Melissa will be in conversation with Patrick Cunningham, Director of Exeter Phoenix about the book.

-

I'm currently loose and writing freely on many issues, after having contributed to two podcast series for the BBC. The latest one is to come on BBC Radio1 and BBC Sounds this summer. 
I've found some really great stories that I can't wait to share! 

Then I'll come through Paris, Marseilles, and a few locations in Greece... 





-


Work:

Meanwhile, I've been writing and reporting mainly from England...

-Latest on Brexit:

- Article: On African and European music 

- and being in Bristol so often, I ended up reporting about Bristol's music venues, images here:
Article to come. 

Finally, I've been interviewed by ARTE, the French-German cultural channel, about our beloved city, Bristol. Feature to be aired in the autumn in 'L'Invitation au Voyage'... Meant to be.



All the best to you all, and hope to catch you soon on the road...


See you soon,


Melissa Chemam
Writer, Reporter, Radio Producer
BBC / DW / Diverse magazines

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment