18/10/2019

Bristol, Autumn 2019



Dear friends and talented people, 


I hope all is well with you all!


Here is a summary of my activity in Bristol this autumn.

I've been asked to teach a first course in music journalism at the BIMM Institute so I've finally settled in this city I spent so much time in since early 2015... 

As good things come in pairs, I've been in touch with UWE's journalism programme and they invite me to give a first Masterclass this week:

"Introducing our new series of journalism masterclasses for 2019-20 - Radio journalist Melissa Chemam talks about her book on Massive Attack and a life in broadcasting, at UWE Bristol".

I'm definitely interested in doing more of this, contact me if you're looking for people to lecture and talk about how to improve journalism in these challenging times...

And I'll go back to UWE soon.

-

I'm also happy to share with you my latest articles...

I'm also writing more about climate change:
XR goes global:
+
and 
and

I'm currently working on a feature about the Windrush scandal for Black History Month and about climate protests in non-Western countries/the role of different communities in this discussion. 
Open to work on a podcast about these issues as well. 

A feature that was important for me is this one:


-

And lastly, about music...

I'm joining the team of a new exciting magazine launched in London by Mick Jagger's son Gabriel and preparing a few interesting interviews and portraits.
Feel free to recommend artists, music and artwork to me anytime for this... 

For those of you in France, I'm invited to give another talk about my book on Massive Attack and the Bristol Sound at the brilliant festival 'Les Indisciplinées' in Lorient, Bretagne, on November 8th:

De la naissance du son d’une ville, Bristol



On my way back, I'll be at Kader Attia's venue in Paris, La Colonie, for a talk about graffiti and politics... On Saturday 8 November.

And for street art lovers, my interview with ARTE on Banksy/Bristol will be aired on 21 October

-

I hope these few links, ideas, articles will interest you.

The rest of the autumn, I'll work on the last edits of my first novel and have a interesting lead for a new book on British music... Message me if you're interested or know a good independent publisher!

I wish you all the very best,
melissa 



No comments:

Post a Comment