26/06/2021

Sound from Palestine: Rim Banna & Checkpoint 303

 


Nami ya lo3ba - Rim Banna & Checkpoint 303 - نامي يا لعبة نامي - حاجز ٣٠٣ - ريم بنا



"Nami ya lo3ba" (نامي يا لعبة نامي ) is one of the tracks on the EP "Songs from April Blossoms" (Digital release on KKV - June 25th, 2021). The new remixes composed by Checkpoint 303 consist of traditional Palestinian lullabies and children songs which were originally performed and released on cassette by Rim Banna in Palestine in 1995. The remixed Children's songs are dedicated to the memory of 67 Palestinian children killed by the Israeli airstrikes on Gaza in May 2021, and to all children victims of war and violence. The EP is available on all digital music and streaming platforms ▶▶ https://orcd.co/9w8gbve "Songs from April Blossoms" is the latest in a series of collaborations and remixes that have appeared on the Norwegian label KKV, and in which Checkpoint 303 have put Rim Banna’s voice on center stage. In 2018, Checkpoint 303 co-produced Rim’s last album "Voice of Resistance" (KKV, 2018) in which Rim’s medical scans were converted to sonic soundscapes that were overlaid with her poetry and beautiful melodies by the outstanding Norwegian jazz pianist Bugge Wesseltoft. In 2019, KKV also released an album entitled R.I.M.I.X, which featured seven songs by Rim Banna remixed by Ministry of Dub-Key, Nour, Nasser Halahlih and Checkpoint 303. More info on Checkpoint 303: instaram: http://www.instagram.com/checkpoint303 web: http://www.checkpoint303.com facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CP303 More info on KKV record label: Web: http://kkv.no/en/

Lyrics - Translation: ________________________________________

Title: Sleep Dolly, Sleep Lyrics by Saud Al-Assadi Vocals by Rim Banna Sleep my dolly, sleep Under my quilt and my blanket My days are sweet But they get sweeter with you Sleep little dolly On the mattress, in my bed Even if we sleep on the straw mat My dreams get happier with you I want to be with you day and night to get amused And to share our secrets Even if my parents will go out of the house, Don't go away from me Don't go away And don't reveal my secrets Like the jasmine flowers spread your perfume Over the wings of the wild pigeon Little doll, I enjoy your company If you get angry I will try to please you Talk to me as I talk to you I will give you all my attention My little dolly when the sun shines You shine with all your light over us Over your cheeks flickers a jasmine flower A red rose and a lavender flutter

No comments:

Post a Comment