10/05/2015

"PARADISE CIRCUS": some politics and a bit of music


 Ok, yet again, I've failed in finding the perfect city, where people can hope to get a proper decent government that can represent their values and the kind of community they want to live in.

"Paradise Circus".

Ok, I was a fool to look for it in England.

Maybe there's just no perfect place but just a perfect fight, a legitimate fight to make our place a better place. I don't know. I'm still wondering.

--


Last year, I made this documentary around local elections in France:

« Votants : première génération » 

16.04.2014 - 17:00

http://www.franceculture.fr/emission-sur-les-docks-%C2%AB-votants-premiere-generation-%C2%BB-2014-04-16

Sur les docks | 13-14

Syndiquer le contenupar Irène Omélianenko


I wanted to state the importance of voting, of having rights as citizens, and even when a new-coming citizen...

I guess I was wrong. Partly wrong. Lots of people I know, in wealthy democracies, don't even bother to vote anymore, too much to do, too much work, they don't even read the programmes, they don't trust any party, anybody, and do not choose their rulers. Was I wrong? Are they? Are we all?



"Wrong"
or 
"The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game"



--

British elections this week also demonstrated that when people do vote, they can vote for absurd choices! Destroying the best of their system, ending health security, uncaring for children's schools, for public transports, for firemen's work, for hospitals' personal's working conditions, for public media's future, their independence and ability to remain impartial, for public services and for the well-being of the different communities living together in European societies like Britain.

--

What to do now?

I'll keep on looking for 'Paradise Circus' for now, as I don't know how not to. How not to hope, not to care, not to search for the right thing. But I'll look more from within than in this outside world.

I'll keep on wandering on roads also, I guess Bristol could just not be a full stop, a final destination. Yet. Not quite yet...


"Paradise Circus"



--


"The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game"
[Tracy Thorn]

Everyday brings change,and the world puts on a new face
Sudden things rearrange, and this whole world seems like a new place
Secretly i been tailing you
Like a fox that prays on a rabbit
Had to get you and so i knew
I had to learn your ways and habits
Ooooooh, you were the catch that i was after
I looked up and i was in your arms and i knew that i was captured

What's this whole world comin to
Things just ain't the same
Any time the hunter gets captured by the game

I had to lay such a tender trap
Hoping you might fall into it
Love hit me with a sudden slap
One kiss and then i knew it
Ooooooh, my plans didn't work out like i thought
'Cause i had laid my trap for you but it seems that i got caught

What's this whole world comin to
Things just ain't the same
Any time the hunter gets captured by the game

Ah yeah, yeah yeah, hey yeah

--


No comments:

Post a Comment