23/08/2016

"I'm waiting for you / In the gloom and the blazing (...) / Come down on the road"


 Nights full of dreams. And when awake, songs come to me.

Strange season, summer, in the years 2010s.
Paris is lovely, Italy is radiant, many European cities are calmer, more enjoyable... And yet, in the background remain the political turmoil and the wars we started and try to mention less and less.

We have to enjoy, I mean, life is made for joy, for presence, for compassion and understanding. But mankind invented such a level of violence... it's puzzling.

One little person in the middle of the storm does feel helpless. And from time to time, one senses something is going to happen. Such a level of hatred has been reached here in Europe. Shall we leave?

This morning early, I woke up with the sound of this song.
It reminds me of my journey through Mexico in September 2012, almost four years ago. Mexico is such a beautiful country, so powerful and full of depth. I absolutely adored every place I went in, every person I met. I remember the colours of the house I stayed in for a few days in Oaxaca, the kindness of the inhabitants, the feeling of being so welcome. I remember the sacred pyramids of Oaxaca in the middle of the green grass and through the bluest sky...

Mexico has such beauty, architectural beauties rivaling with European ones. It also has a lot of heart and energy and love, but also a cloud of so much past sufferance... like some places in Africa.

The sound of this song. The lyrics of this song... Coming back today.




Lhasa de Sela - 'My Name'



Why don't you ask me

How long I've been waiting
Set down on the road
With the gunshots exploding



I'm waiting for you
In the gloom and the blazing
I'm waiting for you



I sing like a slave
I know I should know better
I've learned all my lessons
Right down to the letter



And still I go on like this
Year after year
Waiting for miracles
And shaking with fear



Why don't you answer
Why don't you come save me
Show me how to use
All these things that you gave me



Turn me inside out
So my bones can save me
Turn me inside out



You've come this close
You can come even closer
The gunshots get louder
And the world spins faster




And things just get further
And further apart
The head from the hands
And the hands from the heart



One thing that's true
Is the way that I love him
The earth down below
And the sky up above him



And still I go on like this
Day after day
Still I go on like this



Now I've said this
I already feel stronger
I can't keep waiting for you
Any longer



I need you now not someday
When I'm ready
Come down on the road
Come down on the road



My name, my name
Nothing is, nothing is the same
And I won't go back the way I came



My name, my name
Nothing is the same

-

Listen here:





No comments:

Post a Comment