10/11/2016

Belfast street art scene - chapter 1: Real1


Always looking for art when travelling, obviously after my Bristol adventures I now tend to focus on street art.
Here is a first discovery.
I'll get more towards the end of the week...


BIO
GRAFFITI ARTIST
REAL1

I am a graffiti artist originally from North London, UK, now based in Northern Ireland. I have been on the graffiti scene since the early 90's. Over the years my work has progressed and I still love to experiment a lot with my style whilst still maintaining the unique element that is REAL1. My work ranges from graffiti, mixed media, illustration and more. 

My main influences and inspirations are taken from artists such as Jean Michel Basquait and the underground graffiti scene from the early 90’s. I am mostly known for my stylized characters and use of mixed media. I try to provoke a reaction or emotion through my work leaving the viewer to interpret it for themselves.

Since 2000, I have left my mark, became more recognised as an artist and exhibited in various countries across the world. I have done artwork and exhibited in places such as London, Namibia, Germany, Italy, Spain, Norway and many other places. I have worked and collaborated with a number of different artists and im always up for working with and meeting other artists. I continue to work as an artist across Europe and other parts of the world.
My journey never stops!


Real1

A day with REAL1 - video by Evoke:


--

His most recent work here:


"This Changes Everything" exhibition of Shepard Fairy prints @ R-Space gallery Lisburn was a huge success.

October 18, 2016

The "This Changes Everything" Exhibition @ the R-Space gallery in Lisburn opened its doors to the public on Saturday 15th October. The event is a collection of privately owned Shepard Fairy prints that will be exclusively for sale. The event will be running until 5th November and has already attracted much attention from Shepard Fairy print collectors and art fans all over. 
I was asked to spray live at the event alongside fellow artist K9. I decided to paint a large wall with a version of my latest print release "The great American Nightmare" which will be on sale from Friday 21st October 2016 @ www.yadiggit.com

The Exhibition open night had an amazing turnout and people attending seemed to be loving the atmosphere created by R-space Gallery owners Robert and Anthea and exhibition organiser Kelvin Martin. 
It was nice to talk to visitors and see everyone enjoying themselves whilst we painted away just outside in the R-space Gallery courtyard. A visit from fellow street artist "KEVLR" was a nice surprise and we had the privelage of watching him spray a quick piece in the
R-space yard while we were catching up. DJ sound-clash and guests kept the vibe flowing as they pumped out the tunes till the late hours.

If you get a chance to go check it out please do. its well worth a visit. The address is below:

The Linen Rooms
32 Castle Street
Lisburn
Northern Ireland
BT27 4XE 


--

Real 1's website: http://www.real1art.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment