16/11/2016

'The Numbers'


After Barbès, Berlin, Bangui, Bristol, Belfast... do I need to find another city to just "be"?

I'm such a nomad.
I'm a migrant.
I'm a lost soul.
Looking for a safe haven.

And so many keep on rejecting people like me.
I'm a refugee.
But I think we're all refugees.

I'm a refugee from the crazy world of numbers!
I'm a traveller, I'm a migrant, I'm a transient animal and mind.
Because... I'm a Bee, you know.
(Melissa in ancient Greek means "honeybee".)

"Do you read me, HAL"...?

Because "The numbers don't decide". And if we let them, what will remain of us?
The numbers don't have to decide...



Radiohead - 'The Numbers'





..."We call upon the people
People have this power
The numbers don't decide
Your system is a lie
The river running dry
The wings of a butterfly
And you may pour us away like soup
Like we're pretty broken flowers
We'll take back what is ours
Take back what is ours"...


No comments:

Post a Comment