23/11/2016

PJ Harvey - 'We Float'


..."You carried all my hopes 
Until something broke inside"...



PJ Harvey - 'We Float'




"We Float"

We wanted to find love 
We wanted success 
Until nothing was enough 
Until my middle name was excess 
And somehow I lost touch 
When you went out of sight 
When you got lost into the city 
Got lost into the night

I was in need of help 
Heading to black out 
'Til someone told me run on in honey 
Before somebody blows your goddam' brains out 
You shop-lifted as a child 
I had a model's smile 
You carried all my hopes 
Until something broke inside

But now we float 
Take life as it comes

So will we die of shock? 
Die without a trial 
Die on Good Friday 
While holding each other tight 
This is kind of about you 
This is kind of about me 
We just kind of lost our way 
But we were looking to be free

But one day we'll float
Take life as it comes

No comments:

Post a Comment