06/03/2019

Ahead of International Women's Day 2019


Hello people. A bit of politics and feminism for tonight... 

As you know, in two days is International Women's Day 2019, on March 8, a date that has been of trememdous important in my little life. 


-On March 8, 2002, I wrote a dissertation on women's rights in French history to get into my master of political studies and received a 18/20 for that essay... This obviously changed my life. 


-It has never been easy since then to be a woman in journalism, as you can imagine. 


-Lots of harsh bosses, closed doors, and nepotism in there... 


-Culminating last year, with a very tough boss, and that day, when three men met to discuss my work without me, on that week of Women's Day, while I had done 100% of it on my own... 


-Luckily, this year, March is an utter month of empowerment and there is so much to celebrate!!


-It starts with our 100% female team at BBC World Service's #Parentland. More here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w13xttvh

-And of course, my book if finally out in the UK, in my own English version, re-written, edited and proofread by myself, because, hey, "on n'est jamais mieux servi que par soi-même". Hashtag: "One Woman Band"...

-Finally, on Friday, I'm a guest in the new edition of the Remainiacs podcast!! To talk about politics, the future of the UK and the EU and perception of migrations...
You can listen here:
https://audioboom.com/channel/remainiacs-podcast


-More in the coming days!! Radio, articles, interviews...

Thank you, March 2019.


-


In visuals:

Parentland



Book



Remainiacs





No comments:

Post a Comment