24/03/2019

anaïs - 'lost my faith' (official video)


Timely song for our era:



anaïs - 'lost my faith' (official video)




This is what the singer wrote about it on her Facebook page:

Wrote it with the lovely @jnrwilliams when I first moved to London. I was and still am incredibly frustrated by the perpetual violence and lack of justice that affects people of colour, of different backgrounds, religions, sexual orientation and gender identity. From growing up in Oakland and witnessing the Oscar Grant murder to the recent massacre in the New Zealand mosque, I see now that it is not a faith lost but a faith we’ve never had in a world in which we are constantly under attack. It’s disappointing that the systems that are supposed to protect continually fail us, however, I feel lucky to know so many people, artists, and collectives that are creating safe spaces for us and that are taking matters into our own hands.
That being said, I hope you guys enjoy the video + song!
Massive thank you to @dumashaddad for this beautiful piece and the entire team that made this possible!!

-




No comments:

Post a Comment