19/02/2015

Bristol inspirations


 Just because the world is falling apart, it does not mean we have to give up on everything.
Bristol, you gave me the hope I was looking for.
Bristol being the EU Green capital... Bristol and its lively Nigerian community I met ahead of Nigerian elections, its Somali and Jamaican neighbourhoods over there in Stokes Croft...

Me and my shadow in Saint Pauls, near Stokes Croft, Bristol
© Melissa Chemam


Bristol, and the M Shed's exhibition and talks on Black and Asian soldiers in World War I, shows is has been a from long ago hub between England, the Caribbeans and Africa and still is. Bristol, where punk met reggae and hip hop!


 The highly interesting exhibition at the M Shed on Bristol and WWI is till on for weeks
© Melissa Chemam

Nature in the city, towards Saint-Werburghs City Farm, Bristol North
© Melissa Chemam

--


The sound that comes to my mind after this list of thriving sources of inspiration is this Massive Attack song from the early days, with Horace Andy's powerfully warm voice. Though the guys might never have believed in the "One Love" thing, spiritually, it's there somewhere, isn't it?




Live version:


--


Bristol, see you soon my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment