28/01/2016

Undigested memories: Dublin, mid-January 2016



 Lots of work in the cold winter. This season will never get my full approval. 

I'm overloaded with articles, reports and more to write, and there's more work to come, so I'm still not over the past two weeks. I still feel I need to dig more into all the events I went through, the balance between enlightening discoveries and harsh disappointment.

Because I post here mostly visuals and don't want to bore anybody with unfinished texts and imperfect ideas, here is a selection of images from the exhibitions I caught in Dublin on and around my birthday.

--

First, Francis Bacon obviously: his London studio as transferred at the Hugh Lane Gallery










--

Second:

IMMA, Irish Museum of Modern Art, for the strikingly well-timed exhibition entitled 'What We Call Love'. 

What We Call Love: From Surrealism to Now

Featuring modern and contemporary masterworks from the world’s leading collections by Abramović, Brancusi, Dalí, Duchamp Ernst, Giacometti, Oppenheim, Picasso, Warhol, Yoko Ono, and many more.
12 September 2015 –  7 February 2016

















Pablo Picasso, Le Baiser: 









André Breton, French poet and writer I read every day from 1997 to 2000... On Love, surrealism language and the meaning of life:






Salvador Dali's version of two beings in love and in dreams...






Brassai's photographies of love-infused graffiti:



Annette's Messager's message on my birthday:






"New Faith Love Song", on unrequited love - second message for my birthday:





Where disused radio sets meet the pirate's chest of a forgotten passion. Or Pandora's box?










--

The museum's beautiful garden:








--

Third:

Another day, a non birthday? Another birthday it was indeed, and a day dedicated to the search for a photography's gallery - so easily found. I like quests... 






Just next to Dublin's Film Centre:







That day was the opening day for a new exhibition dedicated to Bob Dylan's early years, 1961-64. Here is is photographed with unforgettable writer James Baldwin, in New York:





--


To be continued... 



No comments:

Post a Comment