22/06/2015

Bristol inspiration - watercolours


 Bristol did inspire me a lot as followers of this blog may have seen. I've met wonderful artists in the beautiful and wholehearted city and now all I want is to be the best of myself in return.

My last week there, early June, I had the opportunity to spend time at the Other Art Fair - Bristol, where the painters and artists I met and interviewed were in an other dimension compared to who I met in dozens of FIACs in Paris and Frieze Art Fair in London. Warm, sharing ideas, having time to talk about their work and the art world in general, they were a true inspiration!

See my previous post for details:

http://melissa-on-the-road.blogspot.fr/2015/06/insights-into-other-art-fair-bristol.html

--

Today I painted my first watercolours thanks to the beautiful memories of paintings from Emma Davis and Abigail McDougall, and also inspired by my friend Anne Cazaubon (see http://www.annecazaubonart.com/).


And it was enough to make me very happy...




 Une prairie :





Mosquée Bleue :





No comments:

Post a Comment