14/08/2017

Inspirational Ken Loach


Days of rage are coming, can you here the noise?
In an insanely unfair world, the risk of losing equilibrium is looming high.
We can use this energy to build something worthwhile. Or we can watch the structures destroy themselves. That is a conscious choice. There is no 'I'm not involved'. There is only silent consent.

-

We live in a time of truth coming to light. We cannot turn our blind eyes anymore!

-

Here is one of my inspirations.
I've leant these past few years that filmmakers and writers and artists have a lot of power to tell their truth, subjective, but documented truth. In a time when journalism is highly under threat.

This is why I write here. And why I write at all. Some things have to be said. I'd rather see here than 200 to 400 people daily read some of my posts - that I write for free, than wait for a editor-in-chief to give me the right to report... This is why I keep on writing here.

I used to report abroad. In America from 2008, in the UK then in East Africa from 2010. I travelled to 14 African countries as a journalist, to 40 countries worldwide. I worked for major public media and with tiny private diaspora-based news initiatives.

But today it is harder than ever to get broadcast or published. I'm not surprised in the world we live in, more unequal than I have ever witness since I became a journalist in 2004. But we have to keep on spreading words and inspiration.

Here is one.


Ken Loach: On Directing

“It’s what films you make, and not how you make them, that’s the most important question. Which stories do you tell? Who do you put on screen?”

Director Ken Loach on why understanding history is crucial for storytelling, his most important collaborators + learning the ropes as a young filmmaker.

Video here:


Published on 28 Dec 2016

“It’s what films you make, and not how you make them, that’s the most important question. Which stories do you tell and who do you put on screen?”
Director Ken Loach on why understanding history is so important in storytelling, his most important collaborators, learning the ropes as a young filmmaker and why editing’s a job for the winter!


-

On the original website:

No comments:

Post a Comment