05/11/2017

A year after November 2016's disaster



 Last year, while the Americans were messing around with their  presidential election - not realising how damaging it could be for the rest of the world too, I was in London, immersing myself in the painting of an artist who lived through war and exil, looking for a publisher for my book, then travelling to Belfast to report on the consequences of Brexit on Northern Ireland... 

Such a hard twelve-month period since then. 

But we are making a lot of progress (look at the previous post).

As all the thinkers, writers, artists, who lived through dark times, I could add, as James Baldwin used to say: "I cannot be a pessimist, because I'm alive". 

Some are not so lucky. 

May the rest of us realize we need to gather our strength and make this world a better place.


No comments:

Post a Comment