Multiple sources: operation underway at the Bataclan
- A state of emergency has been declared across France, after several dozen people were killed in terrorist attacks around Paris.The number of casualties cannot yet be confirmed, though at least 49 people are so far thought to have died.
- Shootings took place in a number of locations around the capital, including at least two restaurants and the Bataclan concert hall, with further explosions – reported to be two suicide attacks and a bombing – outside the Stade de France, where the national side were playing Germany in a football match.
- About 100 people have reportedly been taken hostage at Bataclan in the 11th arrondissement, in what is thought to be a coordinated attack. Explosions have been heard at the concert hall, along with reports of mass shootings inside.
- French president François Hollande has ordered the closing of the country’s borders to prevent the escape of the attackers, who have so far not been apprehended.
- Hollande said there were “unprecedented terror attacks under way in Paris” and authorities have warned residents to stay inside.