05/04/2015

Next stop: Clifton / Hotwells - and insight into the work of Abigail McDougall



 I like the sound of the name "Hotwells". It makes me think of a place by the water, and there's nothing I love as much as places by the water...

Discovering this painter based in Bristol, I'd like to show a few of her paintings here, inspired by the Hotwells area and the Harbour:



Hotwells with Cabot Tower 
Copyright: Abigail McDougall



Hotwells in Blue
Copyright: Abigail McDougall



I'll be in Clifton soon, and want to walk along the River Avon in Hotwells, searching for its spirit and its art galleries... 






Abigail's Clinfton in the Winter...
Copyright: Abigail McDougall



I'll See Clifton in the spring :)

And Stokes Croft, Jamaica Street, Bedminster, Broadmeads...
See you soon Bristol.


--

More about Abigail McDougall's painting:
http://www.abigailmcdougall.com/


--

My soundtrack:


PJ Harvey - from Yeovil, Somerset, South West England - "Down By The Water"



Massive Attack - from Bristol (is it even worth mentioning?) - "Future Proof", Live:




No comments:

Post a Comment